Lower Uric Acid - Natural Gout Treatment - Which Vitamins are Good for Gout?Only a few vitamins have been really researched as contributors to a natural gout remedy. One is vitamin C which a few studies have found lowers uric acid levels somewhat. I have written about vitamin C for gout in earlier articles. Make sure you buy a Vitamin C preparation that contains added flavonoids, the more the better, to make it work more effectively. And buy a time (sustained) release Vitamin C product, because Vitamin C is excreted quickly.
Given that gout attacks are inflammatory, as shown by the painful inflammation of the affected joints, any substance which acts as an anti-inflammatory may make the attack less painful and inflamed. Fish oils have well researched anti-inflammatory properties. Give yourself a momentary pause while reading what there is to read here on Purines. Use this pause to reflect on what you have so far written on Purines.
Other vitamins which have been reported from various sources to help in the best diet for the treatment of gout quercetin, folic acid, potassium citrate calcium, and fish oils. The information available on Uric Acid is infinite. There just seems to be so much to learn about, and to write about on Uric Acid.
Fish Oils are Also Good for Gout Because They Promote a Healthier BodyTheir omega -3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) are a dietary deficiency for many people, especially those who don't eat fish. Omega -3 fatty acids are required to bring about a better balance of omega -emmanuel college -6 oils in the body. Most people, it is thought, do get sufficient omega -6 fatty acids, especially if they fry with oils such as corn, soy, sunflower, safflower or sesame. Or, if they use these oils as salad oils. But people don't get enough of the omega -3's. This better balance promotes better health. Gout sufferers need to be as healthy as possible. Note: gout sufferers should not eat fish high in purines such as mackerel, anchovies, and sardines.
Potassium citrate is reported to be helpful in natural gout treatment, and has been the subject of gout studies. It aids excretion of uric acid, by raising the pH of urine. (Higher body pH levels make uric acid more soluble and thus better excreted). Potassium citrate can also head off the danger of kidney stones, of the uric acid variety, forming. One estimate is that there is a 20% holistic treatment for kidney stones will form in gout patients who also have acidic urine. The completion of this article on Gout was our prerogative since the past one month. However, we completed it within a matter of fifteen days!
Can gout herbal medicine help you? because it helps to alkalize the body, (i.e. it raises its pH levels making the body more alkaline) and thus, the theory is, more uric acid will be excreted. In pH theory, because the blood's pH must be maintained at pH 365, the body will scavenge calcium from bones to maintain blood pH at Most people, it's said, and probably most gout sufferers too, have acidic bodies (which ought to be alkaline) and therefore a deficiency of calcium.
- Quercetin may inhibit xanthine oxidase, the enzyme required to convert purines into uric acid.
- This is the method used by the leading long term gout pharmaceutical, allopurinol.
- Quercetin has done this in test tube studies.
- Maintaining the value of Uric Acid Levels was the main reason for writing this article.
- Only in this way will the future know more about Uric Acid Levels.
- Folic acid has been found in at least one study to be helpful because it inhibited xanthine oxidase, but in others to have no effect.
- It was part of the late Dr.
- Atkins's (the Atkins diet) formula for curing gout naturally but in large amounts.
- It should certainly only be taken under supervision by a qualified and experienced practitioner.
- This can be considered to be a valuable article on Gout Attacks.
- It is because there is so much to learn about Gout Attacks here.