Gout Remedies - Gout Dietary Treatment
Gout (metabolic arthritis) is a type of arthritis caused by too much uric acid in the body. Uric acid is normally flushed out by the kidneys. Gout forums affects the big toe but can also affect the ankle, knee, foot, hand, wrist or elbow. A disabling form of arthritis found most often in the feet - specifically the big toe - and occasionally in other joints. Symptoms include intense episodes of joint pain and swelling, which often happen at night, followed by pain-free periods. high uric acid blood level will sometimes allow formation of uric acid crystals in the joints, especially at the base of the large toe. Fortunately, gout almost always can be completely controlled with medication and changes in diet. this condition monosodium urate crystals are deposited on the articular cartilage of joints and in the particular tissue like tendons. Urate crystals may form in joints, resulting in inflammation and pain. Urate crystals may also form in the kidney and urinary tract, resulting in kidney stones. .
- Proper diet, nutrition, and metabolic balance all play crucial roles in the prevention and treatment of this disease.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can also be used to treat gout.
- The NSAID that is most widely used to treat acute gout is indomethacin.
- Vitamin A in large amounts can exacerbate gout.
- Make sure you take no more than 5,000 I.U. daily.
- If you are having attacks, you should stop all vitamin A intake.
- Drink 10-12 glasses per day of water, in order to help flush out uric acid crystals.
- Intake of dried legumes, spinach, asparagus, fish, poultry, and mushrooms, should also be curtailed.
- Refined carbohydrates and saturated fats are best kept to a minimum.
Apple Cider Vinegar : 1 x tablespoon mixed fruit and vegetable juices of filtered water, make sure it is organic with "Mother" still in it , add honey to taste and take about an hour after a meal 3 times a day..this will regulate your pH levels and reduce them...clean your teeth also after using this as it stains..then after an attack reduce this to once a day.
Gout – Symptoms, Diet, Causes, Treatment, Pictures, Medication
- Always seek a medical opinion before starting any low purine diet or taking any herb or medicine.
- Check your medicines for side effects as there are many for any gout pills supplied by a doctor or health practitioner