Foods Gout - Information about Treatment of GoutGout is a form of arthritis that usually affects the toe joints. It most often occurs in middle-age, overweight men who consume large amounts of meat, eggs and other foods high in nucleic acid. Men are more prone to gout than women. Women may be protected from gout by the female hormone estrogen. Men start building uric acid levels in puberty. However, uric acid does not start accumulating in women until after menopause. The painful bouts of gout are caused by too much uric acid (a waste product of the kidneys), which forms crystals in the joint fluid. Certain medicines may also cause gout, such as diuretics, niacin, low doses of aspirin, cyclosporine and some drugs used to treat cancer.
- Apply an ice pack or a bag of frozen peas (both wrapped in a towel) to the joint for 20 minutes to help reduce the swelling, and then take it off.
- You should not apply ice directly to your skin as it can give you an 'ice burn'.
- You can reapply the ice pack after the temperature of the joint has returned to normal.
- The initial stages of this article on Gout Attack proved to be difficult.
- However, with hard work and perseverance, we have succeeded in providing an interesting and informative article for you to read.
Avoid or restrict foods high in purine (a substance that produces uric acid when broken down). These foods include: sardines, anchovies, brains, liver, kidneys, tripe, sweetbreads, tongue, shellfish (mussels and oysters), fish roe, scallops, peas, lentils, beans and an excessive amount of red meat. The value of this composition is achieved if after reading it, your knowledge on Gout is greatly influenced. This is how we find out that the meaning of Gout has really entered you!
Though gout treatment is most often treated successfully and without complications, it becomes more of a challenge if other conditions exist along with gout or if there is poor patient compliance to recommended lifestyle changes or a medication regimen.
Steroid Medications, Such as the Drug Prednisone May Control Gout Inflammation and PainSteroids may be administered in pill form, or they can be injected into your joint. Side effects of steroids may include thinning bones, poor wound healing and a decreased ability to fight infection. Steroids may be reserved for people who can't take either NSAIDs or colchicine. You may be inquisitive as to where we got the matter for writing this article on Colchicine. Of course through our general knowledge, and the Internet!
Drinking Black Cherry JuiceBlack cherry juice, available at health food stores, may prevent attacks and shorten acute attacks according to claims from others with gout. Black cherry extract is also available in tablet form. This is not the same as cherry drinks containing low percentages of cherry juice or artificial cherry flavor. Inspiration can be considered to be one of the key ingredients to writing. Only if one is inspired, can one get to writing on any subject especially like Gout Attack.
how to get rid of gout without medication - best gout diet plan
To stop a gout attack quickly, your doctor can prescribe a large daily dose of one or more medicines. The doses will get smaller as your symptoms go away. Relief from a gout attack often begins within 24 hours if you start treatment right away. We have omitted irrelevant information from this composition on Uric Acid Kidneys as we though that unnecessary information may make the reader bored of reading the composition.
- Alcohol can reduce the release of uric acid by the kidneys into your urine, causing an increase of uric acid in your body.
- Beer, which is rich in purines, appears to be worse than some other beverages that contain alcohol.