Chronic Gout - Get Information about Gout Diet and TreatmentGout is a form of arthritis that's characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints. The cause of gout is a high blood level of uric acid (hyperuricemia), which can accumulate in joints and lead to inflammation. Uric acid is a waste product formed from the breakdown of purines - substances which are found naturally in your body as well as in certain foods.
- For the long-term, you may be advised to take moderated daily doses of either NSAIDs or oral colchicine to stave off future attacks.
- To reduce uric acid levels, tophi formation, and sudden attacks, allopurinol or probenecid may be prescribed.
- Proper treatment may allow you to control gout symptoms and live normally.
- It will work better if you also undergo physical exercise and alter your dietary patterns to reduce uric acid levels.
- Colbenemid - sold as Proben-C or Col-Probenecid, this medicine treats gout direcly and also lowers uric acid.
- This drug contains Colchicine and Probenecid.
Gout Caused Due to Uric Acid CrystalsOne of main causes of gout is the formation of uric acid crystals in the joints, skin, and kidneys. Uric acid is an end product of the body's chemical processes. Those affected by gout have a higher level of uric acid in the blood than the normal, due either to formation of increased amounts or reduced amounts of acid being passed out by the kidneys in the urine. This uric acid usually remains dissolved in the blood. But when the blood becomes too full of it, the uric acid forms needle-shaped crystals in the joints which bring about attacks of gout. Diet for Gout: After the acute symptoms of gout have subsided, the patient may adopt an all-fruit diet for further three or four days. In this regime, he should have three meals a day of juicy fruits such as grapes, apples, pears, peaches, oranges and pineapples. Drink plenty of fluids. Fluids can help remove uric acid from the body. However, limit consumption of sugar-sweetened soft drinks, which have been linked to an increased risk of gout. Maintain a healthy weight. Excess weight puts more stress on your joints and increases the risk of hyperuricemia and gout.
Apple Cider Vinegar : 1 x tablespoon mixed with a table spoon of filtered water, make sure it is organic with "Mother" still in it , add honey to taste and take about an hour after a meal 3 times a day..this will regulate your pH levels and reduce them...clean your teeth also after using this as it stains..then after an attack reduce this to once a day. Medical Treatment.
Allupurinol - this is most popularly known as the brand Zylprim and is prescribed to lower uric acid levels by controlling the system that creates the substance in the body. This is more helpful for preventing gout, instead of treating attacks.